Problem of the Month
- Everyone is welcome to participate, but only undergraduate OU students are eligible for the prizes.
- If there is more than one correct submission, the evaluation committee will select a winner.
- A complete solution to the problem must include a proof.
- Solutions to the Problem of the Month can be submitted in the Math Department's office (PHSC 423), or via email to jachavezd [at] ou [dot] edu
- Make sure that your submission includes your name and OU email.
- The deadline for submission is the last day of the month.
Prove that in a number with 2021 digits, we can find a block of one or more consecutive digits, whose product is a perfect square.
Example: If the digits 623 appear consecutively in the number, we could take that block since (6)(2)(3)=36.